Origination & Power Marketing Manager
Opportunity for an experienced power marketing & origination professional to take on a critical role with a scale-up California-based solar, energy storage & micro-grid firm.
The Origination & Power Marketing Manager will be responsible for coordinating with the company's development team, with a focus on solar + storage pricing, strategic direction, and off-take strategy across small utility and commercial scale portfolios.
The position is based at the company's San Jose, CA HQ, with hybrid home/office working options.
- Support the development of PPA Origination and Power Marketing strategy to secure contracts for solar + storage projects
- Monitor, review, and evaluate RfPs/RFOs, collaborating with the team to respond with proposals, pricing, term sheets etc. sufficient to engage the end user and begin negotiation processes
- Conduct analyses and DD to support contract relationships and negotiations with potential off-takers
- Provide market intelligence feedback on innovative off-taking opportunities to the development team
- Manage financial models to run analyses determining PPA prices that meet target stakeholder returns
- Other necessary duties that come with being part of a scale-up organisation
- Min. 1+ years' experience in US power finance, trading, origination, sales & marketing, or comparable
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- Min. 4+ years' professional work experience
- Previous experience working in a commercial negotiation environment
- Excellent commercial and customer-focused skills
- Solar or storage development and/or power marketing/origination experience preferred
- Ability to maintain complex financial models
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Working knowledge of the power and renewable energy market dynamics
- Ability and willingness to spend significant time at San Jose, CA HQ
- Right to live and work in the US required