OSP Commissioning Engineer
An Offshore Commissioning Engineer is required to work for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer in Scotland on a long-term contract.
- The role of the Offshore Commissioning Engineer is to ensure that all the subcontractor commissioning and testing is in accordance with the clients Offshore Windfarm engineering standards.
- As the project transitions into the stage 1 commissioning phase, there is a requirement for an experienced offshore commissioning engineer to join the commissioning team as a Client Site Representative.
- The Client Site Representative will support the Overall Project Commissioning Manager and represent the Client at site to ensure their objectives are being met at site level.
- This role shall include representing the client at both the commissioning 1 & 2 stages to ensure that: The works are being carried out in accordance with the agreements we have in place with both our Contractors and other Stakeholders involved in the project.
- The equipment being supplied is in accordance with the Employer's Requirements and is suitably installed and tested.
- As the project progresses into the Stage 2 Commissioning phase the Client Offshore Commissioning Engineer will assist the SAPs with the energization of the wind turbines.
- Directly reportable to the Project Commissioning Manager.
- Leading a small team of commissioning engineers to ensure that the platforms are fully commissioned to agreed inspection and test plans
- Work closely with and provide support to the Offshore Substations Package manager to identify safety, installation, quality and reliability issues.
- Providing commissioning progress reports and identifying and variance to agreed plans.
- Identify mitigation strategies to ensure adherence to project timescales
- Review and comment on; technical drawings, electrical schemes, quality plans and contractors commissioning programmes in readiness for contractors commissioning activities.
- With the contractors commissioning team, review the submitted Inspection and Test Plans.
- Agree suitable testing strategies and test outcomes to ensure an acceptable level of confidence prior to energisation.
- Ensure contractor compliance to agreed programmes and strategies.
- Ensure the contractor quality plans and commissioning files are correctly populated.
- Review and sign off on behalf of the client; commissioning test results, protocols and test sheets.
- Contribute to the creation of commissioning switching programmes with the Project Commissioning Manager and Lead SAP
- Contribute to operational decisions to manage commissioning priorities.
- If required, attend any equipment training courses for Wind Turbine maintenance Battery & Davit crane
- Work with the SAP team and O&M team to ensure plant familiarisation and training of client's engineers
- Manage and contribute quality observations and snagging process
- Attend Commissioning Panel Meetings
- Assist the Project Commissioning Manager in the creation of a team culture within both the MVOW and STDL commissioning teams, during the commissioning phase of the offshore plant and apparatus.
- Electrical Offshore Commissioning Engineer with relevant experience of commissioning offshore windfarms platforms and wind turbine interfaces.
- Extensive experience of commissioning large scale, electrical Transmission and Infrastructure Projects, including Offshore Platform (OSP) equipment, 220kv & 66kV GIS Switchgear, GTx, HV Cables & Busducts, Charnvel LVAC Bd, Dale LVDC systems, Siemens SIPROTEC protection & SCADA systems, platform electrical systems
- Offshore platform electrical HVAC, Fire systems, GT deluge systems, small power & lighting & safety systems
- Wind Turbine (WTG) switchgear, LVAC & LVDC systems,
- National Grid Substation commissioning techniques and quality control experience
- Understand HV Safety Rules
- QWO Offshore Certificates