OSS Electrical Manager
Opportunity for an Electrical Manager to join a major offshore wind project in Taiwan. Interested candidates must be able to commit to a full-time base in Taipei. The Electrical Manager will be responsible for the electrical scope from basic design to completion of installation of the offshore substations, reporting to the Offshore Substation Package Manager.
- Prepare technical requirements.
- Evaluate tender proposals.
- Manage the contractor within your scope to ensure a high quality offshore substation delivery which meets project targets.
- Review and guide contractor on general offshore substation layout, electrical design and equipment design and execution of the works.
- Review contractor deliverables incl. concept design, detailed design and as built documentation.
- Align interfaces with key internal stakeholders such as the Transmission System Design Engineer, Structural Manager, Cable Package Manager and O&M Manager.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as the Project Certifying Body and Lender's Technical Advisor.
- Regular visits to contractors' or subcontractors' sites within Taiwan or internationally will be required.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Have worked in a position as Electrical Manager for a HV substation from initiation through basic design, fabrication, installation and commissioning to completion.
- Experience of managing external contractors such as HV equipment suppliers and offshore/onshore substation EPC contractors. Alternatively, experience working for these contractors is valuable.
- Understand offshore wind farm electrical system design requirements and solutions in HV/MV/LV systems.
- Strong understanding of what drives substation design and execution and the electrical scope in particular.
- Experience with and understanding of substation auxiliary systems such as e.g. airconditioning, fire & safety etc. is desirable.
- PMP certification will be viewed as a plus.
- Have worked in an international environment.
- Work experience in Asia desirable.
- Personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work.
- Thrive in an international environment and able to create good relationships with your internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a collaborative approach and thrive on teamwork.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Flexible approach and thrive to work in a small team.
- Able to work independently and in a team.