OSS HV/MV Technician
Job ID 13716
OSS HV/ MV Technician required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in France
- To assist the OSS commissioning team in supervising/ performing all commissioning related tasks.
- Surprise HV/ MV commissioning activities and associated planning for the OSS package.
- Ensure that the related commissioning activities comply with the contract and project requirements in terms of HSE, quality, planning and cost.
- Ensure zero harm HSE policy through deep involvement and HSE on daily basis, in particular, regarding HV/ MV electrical or professional activities.
- Ensure that commissioning activities are performed following established procedures.
- Ensure that commissioning activities demonstrate that the contractor has completed the works in accordance with the relevant codes, standards, norms, regulations, laws, and Employer's Requirements.
- Ensure that commissioning activities demonstrate their operability of the works over their design life.
- Ensure that commissioning activities demonstrate that the equipment and systems supplied by the contractor as part of the works provide the functionalities and operation modes described and Employer's Requirements and then the operation of maintenance plan.
- Ensure that the technical department's best practises are implemented in commissioning activities.
- Contribute to proactive management, good coordination, and communication between all parties and that the process works effectively.
- Report commissioning progress and participate in commissioning meetings.
- Ensure human resources, and tools required to perform the work have been identified under mobilised in due time by the Contractor.
- Ensure that the commissioning activities are in compliance with the project HS rules.
- Attend the toolbox talks and comment relevant HSE documentation.
- Review and comment HAT and SAT procedures in cooperation with Commissioning Engineers.
- Attend the HAT and SAT.
- Site walk-downs and checks of all the OSS HV/ MV equipment such as trafos, GIS, C&P.
- Ensure that outstanding work is executed, and quality issues are reported.
- Register, review and supervise resolution of the HV/ MV Punch list items (Non-conformance, major or minor punch items) on the OSS.
- When required, escalate technical arbitration/ solution validation to Commissioning Engineers.
- Escalate all decisions with quality/ delay/ cost impacts to EPCI Manager.
- Review of PTWs and RAMS related to HV/ MV systems.
- Check HV/ MV switching schedules.
- Shadowing contractor's commissioning team during energization.
- Act as an Employer on-site representative.
- Issue inspection reports/ walk-down reports/ Daily Progress Reports.
- Prepare end of shift handover report.
- Assist commissioning team with cross package activities.
- Ad-hoc tasks (both onshore and offshore).
- Prepare and facilitate handover of the Works between installation, commissioning, and O&M.
- Contribute actively to evaluation of the project and capture lessons learned through the project.
- After OSS Taking Over.
- Act as Senior Authorised Person (SAP).
- General maintenance and inspections of OSS HV/ MC systems.
- Assist O&M when required.
- Strong Experience in HV/ MV commissioning and maintenance.
- Strong experience in switching operations and electrical systems.
- Excellent understanding of electrical networks and C&P.
- Recommended three years of work experience and wind industry.
- Recommended one year of experience in similar position.
- Adaptable and ready to work with an international team.
- Beneficial to be able to communicate proficiently and English and/ or French.
- Should be able to perform basic tasks on MS office.