OSS Package Manager
We leading an exclusive retained search for an OSS Package Manager working on a French offshore wind project.
The OSS Package Manager will be responsible for Managing the maturation and development of the overall OSS package, management of the technical part of the Offshore Substation (OSS) procurement, supply and delivery within the OSS package.
- Supporting planning & consent of the project and coordinate interfaces/deliverables with other packages.
- Implementing deliverables, manage project-specific design processes and execute strategies for execution.
- Ensuring installed and commissioned asset delivered by the OSS supplier is ready for handover.
- Operating on time, within scope and budget and of contract-specified quality and HSE requirements.
- Introducing, enforce and maintain high safety awareness culture.
- Enhancing HSE in planning & execution of scope and manage HSE risks
- within the scope.
- Encouraging and drive knowledge sharing with other projects through relevant Lessons Learnt.
- Ensuring transparent decision making, adequate documentation of works and smooth transition to O&M.
- Proactively support consenting and other processes with authorities.
- Overall accountable for the full package deliverables including scope, budget, time, quality, risk, interface, Human Resources, stakeholder management and communication.
- Ensuring Employers Requirements related to delivery of the technical part in the Contract is in compliance with relevant standards, best practices used and capture Lessons Learnt.
- Driving risk management & integrated Change Management within the OSS package.
- Managing scope, time and budget for activities in the full supply chain of the OSS package (e.g. FAI, FAT, SAT, QC, daily monitoring, etc.) and ensure performance of the OSS supplier.
- Preparing & execution of QA/QC Plan and Quality activity schedule, in cooperation with QA/QC Manager.
- Ensuring non-conformities created by the OSS contractor and by/in HL for the OSS get closed out.
- Supporting QA/QC inspections during manufacturing (and pre-assembly, if applicable).
- Managing supply of documentation according to the contract.
- Manage OSS package time, cost, quality and request resources within defined budget and time schedule.
- Decide team's planning of engineering and other activities within the defined budget and time schedule.
- Recommend contract strategy for the package and recommend best tenders, contracts & variation orders.
- Recommend OSS package changes while considering other packages.
- Delegate specific areas of responsibility and request actions & reporting from team.
- MSc, BSc or other relevant Master’s degree.
- Competence equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP.
- Demonstrable relevant project experience in a matrix organisation within offshore wind, oil & gas industry, and/or large construction.
- Strong negotiation, communication and leadership skills and commercial understanding and awareness.
- Team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge.
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Driven by an adventurous spirit and the opportunity to be at the forefront of an emerging market.
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and shape processes and systems.
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the project.
- Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required.