OSS Package Manager
Our client is seeking a Package Manager for Offshore Substations in Taiwan.
As a Package Manager, you will be responsible for the design, with a focus on the electrical components and topside layout for the OSS. You will work closely with the other packages having direct interface to the foundation and cables package managers.
- Ensure that safety by design is applied considering the engineering, construction, operational and decommissioning phases; and that health, safety and environmental issues are considered at all stages of the engineering process;
- Responsible for the technical design, scoping, assessment, review and management of the offshore substations (OSS);
- Responsible for the technical management of the wind farm overall system design (i.e. HV, LV, studies, protection, SCADA, etc.);
- Production of the technical requirements of offshore substations for ITT purpose
- Develop the overall commissioning strategy/process for the OSS;
- Electrical point of contact for detailed interface management between OSS substructure package, Subsea cable package, ONS package and WTG package;
- Responsible for technical design, scoping, review and management of the export cables and wind farm array cables. Working with the cables package manager;
- Point of contact with TPC on compliance/connection matters.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in electrical or power systems engineering with extensive experience in the design of offshore substations;
- Technical input into contract negotiations, preparation of tender material for substation fabrication and installation offers;
- Manage, coordinate or be involved in developing key local supplier meetings for electrical equipment and meetings with suppliers for critical packages;
- Familiarity with Taiwanese and preferably European electrical codes and standards;
- Demonstrable experience in the engineering design process of offshore wind farms;
- Proficient user of MS Office systems and other IT based project management software;
- Good technical, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Undertake and manage technical bid reviews and tender evaluations;
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English would be considered advantageous.