OSS Quality Engineer
Job ID 21400
OSS Quality Engineer required for major Offshore Wind Farm developer based across Europe.
- Review Contract for QA deliverables.
- Monitor project change control process.
- Review Package suppliers and subcontractors for approval status.
- Conduct pre-qualification audits where required.
- Ensure Project Employer Requirements are transferred to all suppliers and subcontractors as appropriate for the scope of Work.
- Participate in kick off meetings.
- Manage the Package Concession Request and NCR processes.
- Ensure timely submission and review of Contractor QA deliverables.
- Ensure technical procedures are reviewed by appropriate SMEs.
- Verify that QC activities are implemented in accordance with the agreed ITPs.
- Initiate a weekly quality meeting with the Contractor's quality representatives for the discussion and resolution of quality issues.
- Ensure QC records are compiled progressively and reviewed.
- Develop Package audit schedule and conduct external audits for compliance to Contract requirements.
- Prepare Package Quality Plan as a function of the Project Quality Plan and monitor its implementation.
- Present Quality Plan to key site personnel (QA Induction);
- Provide input to the risk register and manage identified quality risks for the Contract scope.
- Ensure that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
- Provide weekly updates and monthly reports on Contractor performance.
- A suitable qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Demonstrable experience of managing all aspects of quality relating to offshore wind farm Sub-Station packages.
- Formal Quality management training.
- A minimum of 10 years` experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Good knowledge of the IEC Standards applicable to electrical systems.
- A recognised ISO 9001 Lead Auditor qualification.