Overhead Lines Project Lead
Onshore Wind,Solar,Transmission & Distribution
Overhead Line (OHL) Project Lead required to join a fast-growing onshore renewables developer and help progress their market-leading pipeline of onshore wind and solar projects in the UK.
The ideal candidate will bring experience managing the consenting of overhead line (OHL) grid connections and associated infrastructure. This a great opportunity to join a high growth business and play a key role in its continued success.
- Lead on grid routing option assessments and ultimate selection.
- Manage environmental assessments, planning submissions, together with procurement of any other required consents, for preferred grid routes.
- Liaise with in-house land team to deliver land rights assembly for preferred grid routes.
- Manage third party consultants advising on grid route implementation and technical due diligence.
- Ensure grid lines are delivered to consent and then FID on time and on budget using appropriate tools and contracts.
- Manage external consultants, including the tendering and contracting of lead services such as stakeholder consultation, project scoping, EIA and planning.
- Manage external and internal technical or engineering support in relation to grid connection designs.
- Work to maximise the commercial viability of the grid lines and associated generation projects.
- Oversee external stakeholder relationships, including those with local communities, planning authorities, network operators and statutory/non-statutory consultees.
- Assist with the design and implementation of an effective communications plan, in collaboration with the development and community liaison teams.
- Degree or Masters in relevant subject.
- Demonstrable experience taking OHL infrastructure projects (33kV ≥ 132kV) through the planning process, ideally with a developer of consultancy.
- Track record of successfully managing projects within resource and budget constraints.
- Good understanding of the commercial, environmental and regulatory opportunities and challenges associated with the grid connection elements of onshore wind projects.
- Knowledge of the planning system and policy relating to grid connections (DNS and public inquiry experience is desirable though not essential).
- Experience coordinating the delivery of planning applications and Environmental Statements to support the consenting process.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with planning authorities, landowners, statutory consultees, project contractors, external consultants and development partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.