Owner Operator Director
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind,Wave & Tidal
Taylor Hopkinson has been retained by the ORE Catapult to appoint an Owner Operator Director.
The ORE Catapult is the UK's offshore renewable technology flagship, providing the industry with a uniquely integrated portfolio of products and services that combines innovation leadership with world-class technology testing capabilities.
The Owner Operator (OO) Director will guide the way and establish credibility with senior market participants, their O&M supply chain as relevant whilst also engaging and working with public sector stakeholders at local and national levels. You will develop in particular the Catapult's offerings at their Floating Wind and Operations and Maintenance Centres of Excellence. You will have exceptional influencing skills at Board level, experience of collaborating with owner operators of large infrastructure assets, along with a track record of winning public and private funding initiatives and successful project delivery.
You will be joining a dedicated renewable energy business that provides the industry with a uniquely integrated portfolio of products and services that combines innovation with world-class technology testing capabilities.
- Drives the delivery of the OO business line budget and planned technical outcomes
- Ensures that the relevant areas of the business are consulted and informed on OO strategy and assist in the development of the business plan that delivers the OO strategy
- Works with the Investment committee to advise on strategic alignment of major OO prospects and capital expenditure
- Has line management responsibility for the OO Team
- Owns specific key relationships with major OO players and oversees the OO BD and KAM teams' priority and direction
- Guides and mentors OO staff to ensure succession planning for key OO roles
- Works with the Strategy Director on identifying and winning strategic OO funding opportunities
- Assists in major OO bid development
- Responsible for OO project delivery and performance
- Set up and work with cross Catapult groups to identify and deliver new products and services
- Experience in leadership role in a renewables or offshore energy facing business
- Relevant experience working with OO's and wining public and private funding initiatives
- People and communications skills suitable to influence at Board level
- Recognised industry figure in the UK and internationally
- Experience of working across the public and private sectors and a track record of building a business in real terms
- Management experience of running a team and delivering budgets
- Ability to use influence within the market to identify opportunities for alignment with Clients and potential partners