Owner’s Engineer – Energy Storage
Opportunity for an experienced engineering professional to take on the role of Owner's Engineer - Energy Storage with a leading US consultancy firm.
The Owner's Engineer will lead or support the execution of technical and commercial assessments of stationary Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS). Responsibilities include Independent Engineering (IE), Owner's Engineer (OE), energy modelling and performance assessments, designs, and reliability assessments etc.
The position reports to the division's Executive Director.
- Provide technical reviews of ESS designs
- Review single line diagrams, site general arrangements, loss diagrams, and engineering system designs
- Review BESS system designs, performance, reliability, and feasibility based on third-party documentation
- Perform technical due diligence assessments including independent review of battery specs, system designs, QA/QC documentation etc.
- Lead project execution by managing relationship with clients
- Support development of wider team through coaching and training opportunities for self and others
- Ensure quality, consistency, and timely performance on deliverables
- Interact with parent corporation and clients to support project collaboration and strategy synergies
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Highly proficient understanding of major equipment used in BESS
- Excellent technical skills
- Strong communication skills including the ability to report accurately to technical and non-technical stakeholders including clients
- Familiarity with interconnection agreements
- Mindset to high QHSE standards
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and experience with MS office products
- Willingness to travel as required (up to 25% of time)
- Ability to wear protective equipment is a must
- Ability to work outdoors in varied climates
- Right to work in USA