Performance Engineer/Engineering Manager
Opportunity for an Electrical Engineer and technical expert to join of the USA's leading Energy Storage developers, in the role of Performance Engineer/Engineering Manager.
Experience dependent, the successful candidate will take on the role of Performance Engineer/Engineering Manager, with responsibility for all technical aspects and procedure development for operating projects.
With a preference for a Colorado base, exceptional candidates based elsewhere in the US will be considered.
- Develop and manage technical procedures for operational projects, focused on successful performance monitoring and optimisation
- Maintain project punch-list
- Oversee commissioning procedures, status and compliance of EPC and OEM
- Prepare and review project close out and testing documents
- Participate in site safety programs and audits
- Carry out detailed system quality control inspections
- Report on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to senior management on progress and recovery plans
- Ideal candidate will have experienced working in BESS sector
- Bachelor of Master of Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university, with additional and comparable professional experience
- Thorough understanding of the technical performance, and integration of Li-ion batteries as part of ESS
- Min. 1 year direct experience in the installation and operation of energy storage systems
- Capable of punch-list management and accurate quality control inspections
- Strong knowledge and understanding of containerised systems, controller/SCADA, transformers,combiners etc.
- Strong understanding of DC and AC systems
- Experience with control, SCADA systems and trouble shooting
- High level of organisational and communication skills
- Proactive with strong self-starter attitude and mindset
- Working proficiency MS office skills
- Knowledge of electrical codes, means and methods
- Preference for candidates based in/willing to relocate to Colorado