Permitting & Consent Specialist
International offshore wind developer looking for a Permitting and Consent specialist to support a key project in France.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Paris.
- Updates environmental documentation in line with technical updates if any (in the frame of the Manage of Change process).
- Manages the definition of the environmental survey protocol and implementation of environmental mitigation measures due by the project (and coordinates with subcontractors) as per Bid or authorisations and permits.
- Manage relationships, in coordination with local development managers, with State services, local stakeholders, GIS members and public, committees, set-up by the Prefecture, with respect to definition and implementation of mitigation and monitoring measures.
- Supports the legal team in the litigation procedures in respect of the permits and authorisations and its implementation.
- Prepares and manages environmental expert's services suppliers in respect of the implementation of the environmental baseline reference prior construction and the environmental monitoring surveys of the construction and installation activities.
- Ensure correct implementation of the mitigation measures by environmental suppliers and manage the permitting process.
- Coordinates the different internal experts (technical, O&M, legal etc) with respect to permitting process, contracted activities (grid, O&M) permitting and environmental requirements/activities.
- Secure with the Project Managers delays of permitting according to project schedules.
- Anticipates and manages permitting updates and new applications in case of change in legislation and regulation or any technical change in the project.
- Contribute to supporting the implementation of all the technical and organisational risk reduction measures which derive from the application of the Project Quality and HSE management requirements.
- Demonstrable experience in relevant position.
- Environmental/naturalist background in renewable energy.
- Permitting expertise and experience.
- Ability to deal with public administration and local stakeholders.
- Participation to meetings and public events in relation to environmental impacts and related measures.
- Fluent in written, spoken and read English and French.
- Ability to drive multiple tasks with several stakeholders.