We are working for an offshore wind farm owner based in the US. They are looking to appoint a Permitting Manager to be responsible for the permitting and development of an offshore wind farm lease in California.
The Offshore Permitting Project Manager will be responsible for leading all aspects of environmental permitting services for the project.
- Supporting the design and permitting of project site characterisation activities on and offshore.
- Design and implement the permitting strategy for the project working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the preparation of siting studies required for permit applications and stakeholder engagement representing the project with government agencies.
- Manage tender and run the process to select external consultants to deliver the SAP and COP along with all regulatory, sitting, and environmental requirements and all permits and approvals.
- Work with internal teams to make sure the project milestones and schedule is achieved.
- Represent the project at all hearings, public, consultations and workshops.
- Setting project milestones for scope, schedule, and budget for all project permitting tasks and prepare or coordinate proposals and bids.
- Perform technical checking and initial approval of certain work products produced internally and/or externally.
- Degree educated in Biology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Business, or demonstrable experience in industry.
- Experience, leading environmental assessments, or environmental impact statements compliant with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for large-scale multi-disciplinary offshore infrastructure projects, including but not limited to offshore wind facilities and possess a politically relevant network in the Northeast U.S.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams as project manager and/or director.
- Strong track record in technical and/or environmental disciplines related to offshore wind or energy.
- Proven track record in permitting and environmental review of renewable energy projects.
- Understanding and experience in working with onshore and offshore permitting regulations.
- Direct experience in working with Federal and State agencies.
- Demonstrable strong and proactive stakeholder and relationship management.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team with strong communication skills, both written and oral in English, with strong drafting and editing skills.