We are working for an offshore wind farm owner based in the US. They are looking to appoint a Permitting Manager to be involved in the permitting and development of an offshore wind farm lease in on the East Coast.
The Permitting Manager will support the Senior Director and be responsible for the environmental permitting services for the project.
- Supporting the design and permitting of project site characterization activities on and offshore.
- Design and implement the permitting strategy for the project working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading the preparation of siting studies required for permit applications and stakeholder engagement representing the project with government agencies.
- Manage tender and run the process to select external consultants to deliver the SAP and COP along with all regulatory, sitting, and environmental requirements and all permits and approvals.
- Work with internal teams to make sure the project milestones and schedule is achieved.
- Represent the project at all hearings, public, consultations and workshops.
- Setting project milestones for scope, schedule, and budget for all project permitting tasks and prepare or coordinate proposals and bids.
- Perform technical checking and initial approval of certain work products produced internally and/or externally.
- Degree educated in Biology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Business, or demonstrable experience in the renewables industry.
- Proven track record in permitting and environmental review of renewable energy projects.
- Demonstratable strong and proactive stakeholder and relationship management.
- Experience with hands on permitting and a background in environmental consulting, ideally a capability in producing permitting applications or ideally directly with government agencies for coordinating complex projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team with strong communication skills, both written and oral in English, with strong drafting and editing skills.