Job ID 11490
Project Planner required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in the UK.
- Project Planner required to support offshore wind development and construction project.
- Part of a team of Planners responsible for management of the overall project schedule.
- Work closely with Project Services team, Project and Package Managers, and the wider Capital Projects team to ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Manage the Programme schedule (Primavera P6) for one of the three principal contracts on the project, ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, the Joint Venture (JV) Board and Lenders.
- Support the wider planning team on all other aspects of the Programme schedule, including internal activities and the remaining project contracts.
- Support the development of the detailed project Execution programme, integrating Contractor programmes, internal Project Management, Financing and Engineering activities, and Regulatory/Consenting requirements, ensuring alignment with key project milestones and schedule drivers.
- Undertake analysis of Delay Events notified within Contractors Claims to determine the validity of these claims.
- Support Programme Baseline Management and Change Control throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of project change control notifications, and schedule impact of progress reported.
- Review of programme submissions by EPC Contractors.
- Monthly updates to Project programme.
- Identify critical path for project and for sub packages, criticality of work scopes, and ensure that potential delays to critical activities are identified and mitigated.
- Work closely with Interface and Package managers to ensure project interfaces are optimised for Project delivery.
- Participate in project Interactive Planning sessions, risk assessments, progress, budget and forecast reviews, risk workshops and lessons learned sessions.
- Assist Procurement & Commercial (P&C) team in specifying contract programme and progress reporting requirements.
- Take a leading role in Schedule Risk Analysis, both through What-if scenario planning, and through use of quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis tools.
- Assist Project Management decision making by providing clear and concise analysis of impacts of schedule delays and mitigation strategies.
- Work with Commercial managers to ensure alignment between programme forecasts and cost reporting.
- Assist in training and development of junior team members.
- Extensive Project Planning experience within large complex projects, including experience within a Planning or Project Controls team.
- Must be experienced in using Primavera P6.
- Confident in arranging planning workshops with a diverse team (engineering/consents/procurement/project management).