Job ID 16212
Planning Engineer required for a leading Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Scotland
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality plans / schedules and performance management information on the project.
- Responsible for providing project leaders with insightful schedule analysis to facilitate decision making processes.
- Working with project leaders and workstream leaders in analysis of opportunities to accelerate project schedules, and in proposing appropriate courses of action.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of various levels of project schedules, L1 project schedule, project master control schedule, owners plan, programme assurance / verification schedule etc.
- Responsible for management of schedule contingency.
- Responsible for ensuring integration with other key project processes, such as risk management and management of change.
- Supporting project cost & schedule reviews through development of schedule risk analysis models, ensuring alignment with project risk registers.
- Developing and maintaining project schedule basis and assumption documents including appropriate benchmarking information.
- Liaising closely with project cost engineers to ensure cost phasing aligns to project schedules.
- Clearly communicating and reviewing project schedules with workstream / work package teams, including views on critical path etc.
- Applying appropriate progress measurement and reporting methodologies consistent across the UK offshore wind programme.
- Developing good interfaces with workstreams to review and challenge schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of other project documentation, such as project coordination procedures etc.
- Ensure contractors planning systems are set up appropriately to facilitate reporting in alignment with project WBS.
- Experience developing integrated plans on multi-disciplinary large scale offshore projects.
- Project experience in the concept development, selection, design and/or construction phases of projects with an excellent track record of delivery.
- Ability to interface, influence, and work effectively with members of Project Leadership.
- Bias for simplification and efficiency with focus on fit-for-purpose deliverables that meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to produce high quality written reports and summary presentations - able to communicate clarity from complexity
- Competence in use of Primavera P6.
- Ability to harness use of digital tools to provide high quality planning and performance management reporting information.