As Planning Manager you’ll be part of a team working to build a portfolio of solar and battery storage projects.
You’ll be involved in putting together planning applications, preparing project assessment reports and undertaking feasibility studies. Stakeholder management skills are a must as you’ll be engaging with and managing external specialists. You will be expected to drive continuous improvement to processes.
The role is with an entrepreneurial developer of subsidy free solar farms across the UK, backed by a leading renewables investment fund. With extensive funding available and high ambitions, this company is likely to lead the market in subsidy free solar development across the UK, at a period where the solar UK market is at the early stages of a very large growth phase, no longer reliant on government funding mechanisms.
RTPI qualification would be a bonus, as would any knowledge of cloud-based project management software. If you are highly organised and able to drive efficiency, then get in touch to discuss this opportunity.
- Prepare planning applications
- Engage and manage specialist external consultants
- Identify new development opportunities alongside the wider team
- Undertake feasibility studies
- Undertake site visits
- Prepare feasibility studies
- Previous experience in the planning process for renewable energy projects
- An ability to build trust within the new team and a willingness to carve out your new role
- Strong communication and presentation skills