PM Electrical – Front End Delivery
Global energy leader seeking a PM Electrical - Front End Delivery (FED) to join their growing offshore wind team as they develop offshore wind projects in the Northeast of the US. The PM Electrical - FED is responsible for leading the delivery strategy of the Electrical Works for the developer's offshore wind projects. During the Front-End phase, the PM Electrical - FED will lead the schedule, budget, scope, quality, risk, and interfaces for the package. They will coordinate the work between the development team, commercial team, and technical team. The PM Electrical - Front End Delivery will report to Technical & Delivery Director.
- Integration Management: Manage work coordination within the package team members on a day-to-day basis and ensure that interfaces coordination with other packages are handled properly.
- Design Management: Coordinate with the design team and ensure that the design is developed in compliance with the company best practice, cross portfolio strategy, good industry practices, applicable codes, and standards.
- Scope Management: Collect requirements, define scope, and define work-breakdown-structure for the package.
- Time Management: Manage overall package time schedule, including key milestones. Detailed planning of activities and develop schedule. Continuously ensure that package is progressing in accordance with schedule.
- Cost Management: Document CAPEX and OPEX budget for package. Continuously control of package budget.
- Risk Management: Help ensure risk assessments are carried out to identify risk and mitigation actions are planned accordingly.
- Procurement: Support preparation & evaluate of RFIs, tenders, contract negotiations/signing, etc., in cooperation with the Procurement Team.
- HSSE: Work with HSE Manager, employees, and contractors to plan and define the work within safety management plan, proactively contribute to updating the safety management plan as required.
- Quality management: Works with the Quality Manager to develop quality management plan for package. Ensure that both team members and contractors comply with the QM-plan and ensure that specifications are met both on products and processes. Collect lessons learnt and ensure implementation of department best practices and company standards. Review of key-deliveries from package groups. Ensure that expert knowledge and peer reviews are used to the extent necessary. Ensure compliance with internal quality standards for project execution.
- Supervise contracted consultants
- Travel every month to one of the main offices for 3-5 days at a time and to various manufacturing, construction, and operating electrical generation and transmission sites on a regular basis.
- Recommended 8 years of relevant work experience within wind and/or other electrical generation sectors
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US or in Canada on US projects on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Science required. Master's Degree or other advanced degree (JD) desired
- PMP Certification desired
- Knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required
- Knowledge of the interconnection process and a desire to continue to learn as tariffs and RTOs change procedures
- Advanced knowledge of MS Project application, Visio, MS Access, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience with budgets/scheduling, risk evaluation is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple primes and subcontractor RFPs and relationships simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural context
- High energy, self-motivated, client focused individual that is creative and innovative with strong analytical skills