Policy and Public Affairs Senior Manager/Director
As part of their ambitious growth plans, this thriving renewable energy developer is keen to attract an experienced policy and public affairs leader to join their European business. With an enviable position in the market, the business continues to go from strength to strength and this key appointment will enable them to further strengthen their regulatory and policy presence across Europe. You will report into the Global Director of Public Affairs offering excellent exposure across the business.
- Provide support for the design and execution of government affairs and communications strategies to support the development business
- Occasional support to other European businesses activities.
- Formulate thoughtful points of view and recommendations to support the European development team and Corporate Affairs team in managing all legislative, regulatory and public policy positions;
- Design, execution and management of outreach and engagement strategies, related to both government affairs and communications, in coordination with the European development team and Corporate Affairs team;
- Direct engagement with governments (at all levels), regulators, trade associations, industry peers and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate with partner and project level public affairs teams, as applicable, to ensure common understanding of issues, positions and messaging, and tactics to support various initiatives;
- Oversee external public affairs consultants, as required, to support the activities of the European development team
- Typically requires a post-secondary degree and with significant experience in a government, government affairs or policy role in Europe;
- Established network amongst politicians, policy makers, regulators in key markets in Europe;
- Advanced operational understanding of the European energy market, renewable energy experience an asset;
- Strong planning and implementation skills including both tactical and strategic planning;
- Self-starter with strong project management skills;
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, multiple languages an asset;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and team player;