Port Operations Logistics Coordinator
Job ID 22030
Port Operations Logistics Coordinator required for a major Offshore Wind Farm Developer based in Norfolk, VA.
- Ensure proper site-specific safety requirements and good environmental stewardship practices are followed.
- Observe dock, vessel, and work area berth conditions for safe, efficient stevedore and lashing operations.
- Observe vessel loading and unloading to ensure all labor has been assembled for adequate and efficient operations in accordance with the vessel plan.
- Verify vessel load-in, load-out, and staging standard operating procedures are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide close supervision of stevedore and staging operations and communicate timely feedback to the leadership team on identified concerns or actions with the potential to impact operations.
- Work closely with the Port Operations team to identify and solve problems.
- Complete vessel shift logs, documenting activities performed, delays, as well as Safety & Environmental concerns.
- Attend daily, weekly, and monthly meetings.
- Respond to technical inquiries related to Port logistics.
- 6 - 8 years related work experience required.
- In-depth knowledge and familiarity with industry standards and codes for equipment and materials management, inventory analysis controls, and trending of material usage patterns.
- Strong problem solving, analytics, forecasting, trend analysis, and value and cost analysis skills.
- Ability to work effectively with management and co-workers to make effective decisions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work in rotating shifts, days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have a valid TWIC card.