Portfolio Asset Manager – Solar
Our clients' Renewable Energy Portfolio is contributing to the overall Group 2030 targets by making investments in Renewable Energy projects, namely Solar. The portfolio operates these projects to reduce the carbon footprint of the Group's overall supply chain activities.
Our client currently own and operate a large portfolio of Wind turbines and to a lesser extent solar farms across 15 countries. They have committed to build 450 MW of solar in the next two years and have over 1 GW of solar developments in pipeline. The Portfolio Asset Manager - Solar, will play a leading role in the smooth operation of the Solar parks and should have similar experience in a Solar Asset Management function.
- Contribute to business growth and the sustained long-term profitability of the Group by overseeing wind and solar farm operations
- Lead the design and implementation of asset management systems and tools to ensure consistent ways of working and continues improvement
- Assess, develop, plan and implement standards for asset management across the portfolio based on ISO 55000 to ensure compliance
- Lead and support development of various improvement projects aimed to improve the management of the renewable energy assets
- Maintain relationships with Commercial Managers, responsible for day-to-day management of our renewable energy assets, to secure high-quality outsourcing of day-to-day operations of our renewable energy production assets.
- Attend and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders, provide feedback and ensure a smooth operation of the renewable energy portfolio.
- Review reports about renewable energy portfolio operations and financial affairs and initiate projects to improve or protect their value
- Deal with the technical, contractual, legal, insurance and health & safety issues relating to the Renewable Energy portfolio to ensure to improve and protect the performance of the investments in renewable energy
- Create and maintain links with key technology suppliers, developers and external consultants to ensure timely involvement.
- Provide expertise and input to support growth of the Group's renewable energy investment portfolio and support other Investments activities, ranging from technical due diligence of investment opportunities, contract negotiations, to preparation and handover of acquired renewable energy assets towards the operational asset management organisation.
- University degree in Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering or other relevant technical degree.
- A track record of achievement in renewable energy, particularly solar power, at project level is vital
- Experience in both Asset Management and information management
- Experience of managing and procuring contracts
- Experience of working with manufacturers in the RE industry as well as service providers is crucial.
- Project management experience including use of project management tools
- Experience in different operational and maintenance strategy for RE power plants
- Prior implementation of HS&E policies, plans and working procedures
- International experience and an understanding of cultural difference
- Good knowledge of day-to-day management of renewable energy assets.
- Good knowledge of designing and using information systems to collect and analyse operational and financial data.
- Good knowledge in the principles of sound Health, Safety and Environment performance and legislation.