Portfolio Management Analyst
The Analyst provides critical analysis and investment support across our markets in the APAC region. The role provides financial and technical analysis to in-country development teams on various types of solar projects, with an additional focus on battery energy storage. The role is based in Kuala Lumpur, sits within the Portfolio Management Team and requires close coordination within the APAC region as well as functional divisions (engineering, development, finance, etc.) at the European headquarters.
- Identify battery energy storage opportunities in theAPAC region through an established market assessment framework:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of major APAC power markets
- Monitor market updates e.g. policies/incentives, new market mechanisms and revenue streams, regulatory changes etc.
- Brief the storage team on new market developments
- Support storage development activities e.g. bid preparations and other ad-hoc support.
- Contribute to due diligence, investment proposals, develop financial models, contribute to internal review and approval processes.
- Contribute to portfolio management of investments.
- Contribute to quarterly performance reviews and annual planning processes.
- Support the shareholder representatives in the governance and management of portfolio companies, joint ventures and/or acquisitions (as applicable).
- Contribute to partnership development and dialogue with corporate, financial, and governmental stakeholders to accelerate deal origination and enabling policy environments .
- Collaborate with internal partners regarding project development, partnerships, deal execution, portfolio governance, finance, HSSE et al.
Requirements of This Role
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Finance or related fields.
- Up to 2 years' experience in the energy sector or related field in the APAC region, with proven research experience (storage experience is a plus).
- Extensive experience in financial modelling and financial analysis to ensure commercial project economics.
- Ability to draft investment review documentation such as proposals to the Investment Committee, including clear and comprehensive analysis of investment and performance metrics.
- Experience in building the investment case for utility scale projects, including technical, financial and other aspects.
- Proactive, creative and flexible to navigate challenges in a new market.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment alongside people with multiple interests and background.
- Strong interpersonal, communicative and organisational skills.
- Good skills in MS Office suite.
Other Working Conditions
- Experience in financial advisory is considered a benefit.
- Proficiency in English in both written and oral communication is a must. Mandarin and/or Japanese is a bonus.
- The Company is a lean organization and the candidate is expected to work across the various aspects of project origination and development.