Portfolio Manager- Northern Europe
One of the largest independent generators of onshore wind energy in Europe are recruiting for a Portfolio Manager to work across their assets in Northern Europe.
Our client has recently expanded their portfolio across Europe with ambitious plans to add further high-quality assets.
This position is based in Germany (exact location is flexible) is ideal for a candidate with a strong background in onshore wind asset management looking to use their project management and commercial skills within a highly reputable renewable energy business.
Deliver long term value and mitigate key risks by leading the execution of our client's relationship with their key service provider, and potentially additional service providers (collectively, the Portfolio), within Iberia, France and Germany.
- Primary interface for day to day relationship with Technical & Commercial Managers, leading the transition away from third party managers who currently oversee the Technical & Commercial Managers on a day to day basis.
- Initial point of contact for key day-to-day decisions, identifying key issues that need internal resourcing, and interacting and project managing activities with relevant internal decision makers.
- Reviewing key operational performance, including analysis of asset performance and where applicable, co-ordinating more detailed commercial and technical analysis.
- Day to day management of the portfolio P&L. Analysis of key revenue and cost variances, and liaison with Finance team on P&L variances versus budget and impact on cash flow.
- Focal point for portfolio budget, five-year plan and interface between our client's finance and operational teams and EDPR.
- Interface for monitoring and execution of Performance Improvement projects - both initiatives led by the Technical Managers and company deployed initiatives.
- Working with technical team, identify priority action plan from company reviews of the SCADA database and manage interface with the Technical Managers. Project manage tracking of actions and delivery of performance improvements.
- Initial management of HSE and ESG issues within portfolio. Co-ordinate HSE resource from the business/third parties to gain assurance of HSE performance in line with company expectations.
- Act as initial point of contact with the Commercial & Technical Managers on ESG issues and co-ordination of actions to support GRESB including data collection and verification.
- Analysis of portfolio budget and NAV model, and identification of risks and opportunities, and ownership for an action plan of deliverables, including risk register for portfolio. Management of risk register with Technical & Commercial Managers and implementation of action plan to manage and mitigate risks.
- Working with technical team, identify priority action plan from company reviews of Dynamo SCADA database and manage interface with Technical Managers and action plan for improvements. Project manage tracking of actions and delivery of performance improvements.
- Co-ordinate review of Energy/PPA/Feed in Tariff agreements. Provide support to Commercial Energy team to help ensure that the energy market fundamentals in each of the Northern European countries are reviewed, and working with MSA provider and external parties, ensure that energy market risks and opportunities are comprehensively reviewed, and that appropriate agreements are in place to optimise revenue and minimise risk.
- Analysis of portfolio budget and NAV model, and identification of risks and opportunities, and ownership for an action plan of deliverables, including risk register for Northern Europe.
- Management of risk register with the Technical & Commercial Managers and implementation of action plan to manage and mitigate risks.
- Oversight of the Commercial & Technical Managers' RFP process for Northern European portfolio. Provide support to company's Procurement and Commercial Manager and COO to help inform operational strategy for the portfolio, review of contract structures and recommendations on suitable contract structures for the portfolio to deliver the best possible returns.
- Review invoices for payment and approve (or seek internal approval) and co-ordinate payment approval process with Commercial Managers, including translation/summary of documents/invoices from German into English.
- Where applicable, provide support to M&A growth in Northern Europe, helping to review due diligence documents.
- Running a strong and internationally diverse (European) portfolio of wind/renewable assets under investment and high ESG discipline
- Significant onshore wind asset management experience
- Strong commercial and technical discipline and insight
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects
- German work experience
- Fluent in German and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think strategically and work cross functionally in a professional environment
- Excellent relationship building skills