Opportunity for an experienced Originator to join a fast growing renewable energy IPP, specialising across development, financing, construction, and operation of solar & energy storage projects.
The Power Marketer/Originator will direct and lead the identification, evaluation, structuring, and development of projects throughout California. You will negotiate PPAs, establish pricing models, and play a key role across market hedging.
Reporting to the CEO, this position is based in the company's HQ, located in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Lead and manage ongoing business plan processes, working with the CEO to develop strategy
- Identify and evaluate power off taker opportunities
- Review and evaluate RFPs and RFBs, working in conjunction with project finance and development
- Establish and maintain relationship with potential off takers, including utilities, power marketers, financial institutions, and corporate clients
- Analyse and provide data to support recommendations of appropriate pricing levels in negotiations for development projects
- Lead the negotiation of PPAs or alternative off take arrangements
- Understand regional grids (CAISO), structures, and pricing of recent off take agreements for projects
- Experience and a clear track record in power marketing and origination is essential
- Knowledge in CAISO Capacity Market
- 3+ years' experience performing various energy sales and energy marketing functions
- 3+ years' experience in structuring and analysing energy transactions
- Proven understanding of commodity risk management concepts
- Proven record in evaluating and structuring PPAs, fixed price swaps, zero cost collars etc.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- Able to undertake travel as required
- Currently in or willing to relocate to San Fran Bay area
- Right to live and work in USA