Principal Power Cable Engineer
Opportunity for a Principal Power Cable Engineer to join a leading Offshore Wind developer with a varied global portfolio. This is an opportunity to play a key role in the industrialisation of the emerging deep water offshore wind.
- Be part of building the competence centre, enabling LCOE reduction in deep-water offshore wind.
- Have a lead role in projects and studies.
- Manage interfaces with other engineering disciplines throughout project developments across international project teams.
- Interface with cable suppliers, installation contractors, HVAC and HVDC power system equipment suppliers.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments for power cable equipment and associated auxiliary systems.
- Participate in development and qualification activities together with partners, suppliers, research organizations and universities.
- Extensive experience from the cable industry, submarine or renewables would be an advantage.
- Overview of the international power cable manufacturing industry and relevant suppliers.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC and HVDC power cable design and technology.
- Commercial awareness and experience with supplier negotiations and follow-up.
- Experience in performing electrical and thermal analysis of power cable cross-sections using modern FEA software.
- Knowledge of dynamic power cable system analysis is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Preferably a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.