Procurement & Contracts Manager
Job ID 11546
Procurement & Contracts Manager required for a major Offshore Wind Farm developer, based in Ireland.
- As a Procurement & Contracts Manager in the Renewables business you will manage the interface in the execution of Procurement and Commercial services.
- Ability to demonstrate value leadership, customer service and innovation to support the vision in becoming a world class provider of procurement and commercial services and embeds a consistent approach to reduce the total cost of ownership achieving set targets in this regard.
- Work with a team of contract managers charged with ensuring the successful procurement and commercial delivery of all contracts (both pre and post contract) to achieve the strategic goals of the business whilst complying with company policies and procedures in meeting or exceeding departmental targets.
- Engage regularly with the Procurement Operations and Standards & Assurance teams to ensure the wider function provides a co-ordinated, effective, and efficient service to the business.
- Continuously work to strategically improve procedures, standards or policies whilst adhering to regulatory guidelines.
- Promote Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) initiatives across the teams, embedding SHE in the Procurement and Commercial processes and proactively monitoring trends to mitigate issues occurring.
- Direct, motivate and co-coordinate the entire project team to ensure the necessary expertise and support are in place to deliver the vision, objectives, and goals.
- Support the leadership team in providing best in class service to internal customers including procurement, contracting, supply chain management, commercial and contractual input to development, construction, and operational teams within the Renewables Business.
- Implement quality standards in contracts and proactively identify trends that may lead to quality issues with the development of supporting strategies to prevent them occurring.
- Support the development and execution of Procurement and Commercial strategies which are aligned with category plans, company, and business objectives. This includes identifying and implementing supply chain improvement opportunities to support business growth.
- Understand and support the development of strategic relationships with key suppliers and effectively manage key interfaces with points of contact in the Renewables Business and with the wider Procurement and Commercial team.
- Conduct sourcing events, procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business, and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions within own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
- Actively support the project team and have responsibility for delivery of contracts within approved budget authorisations. This includes the administration and compliance with contract terms during design, delivery, and construction phases for all projects.
- Manage all post contract commercial matters (if required) including negotiating / agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented. Resolve and co-ordinate resolution for all contractual claims.
- Ensure compliance with: -
- Policies and procedures as set by the Standards and Assurance team.
- All internal controls (legal, financial, risk, quality etc.) including audit requirements, internal project governance guidelines and external regulatory requirement including compliance to EU Regulated Procurement Guidelines.
- Support the development of bids where appropriate.
- 3rd level qualification in business, engineering or construction preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working in utility / energy / engineering industry.
- Ability to manage complex projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in deal origination and price negotiation.
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Highly developed Procurement skills with detailed knowledge of EU Regulated Procurement processes / procedures in supporting tender events for large scale projects.
- High level of competence in drafting and interpreting commercial contracts.
- Extensive experience in delivering procurement and commercial services.
- Commercial and numerical acumen with an ability to interpret numerical data.
- Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts.
- Understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
- Highly developed drafting and writing skills.
- IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, e-tendering tools (e.g., IBM Emptoris, SAP Ariba).