We are currently seeking a Procurement Manager to collaborate with an ambitious international offshore developer to develop projects and take the projects through construction and operations.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all contracting, and procurement matters for projects in accordance with all requirements. It is a Full-Time opportunity in the US.
- Develop contracting strategies and processes for tendering Requests for Proposals (RFPs), review vendor proposals, and negotiate contracts that result in the best value possible. This will include external factors in the development of contracting strategies including but not limited to impact on project finance and insurance strategies.
- Provide leadership, direction, and guidance in understanding offshore wind supply chain markets and lead negotiation of contracts and inform other strategic decisions regarding relationships with suppliers in support of other areas.
- Execute the tax equity strategy that will enable qualification for federal tax credits and challenge scope specifications to determine where unnecessary costs can be eliminated, and more value can be achieved.
- Negotiate key supply chain agreements as well as for maintain relationships and mutual understanding with the key industrial suppliers at executive level. Key industrial agreements refer to critical suppliers such as the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) supplier, the foundations supplier, Electrical packages, harbours, etc.
- Liaise with end users to develop and review technical scope/commercial packages for competitive tender events and deal with claims mitigation and challenge cost disputes with 3rd party suppliers.
- Use influencing skills to encourage procurement change and engagement across the business where applicable and encourage innovation and cost reduction where possible.
- Set out contracts that are fully compliant to support the business needs and mitigate commercial risks to drive appropriate supplier performance through effective key performance indicators.
- Identify new potential suppliers to create additional competitiveness and market tension for various project areas.
- Ensure that all purchase orders and contracts are placed in accordance with defined business processes.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly the project technical and development teams to ensure the best outcomes from competitive tenders.
- Be accountable for team management, performance management, and people development of all Commercial function staff.
- Leverage shareholder's established relationships with key supply chain players and benchmark against comparable purchasing initiatives from their portfolio of offshore wind projects.
- Bachelor's or better degree in either of the following Accounting, Business Administration, and Finance or in a related field.
- Experience in the energy sector preferred in the offshore wind or renewable industry is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of supply chain contract management fundamentals, best practices, and industry trends.
- Experience in managing services contracts and delivering significant savings within these contracts.
- Deep understanding of cost drivers on contracts, contract law (FIDIC or LOGIC) and ability to demonstrate transparency and value.
- Previous experience in large international tenders, procurement and market competitive analysis is highly preferred.
- Competency in Analytic Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise preferred.
- Candidates must be fluent in English both spoken and written. Fluency in other languages will be highly valued.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel).