Republic of Ireland
Opportunity for a Procurement Officer with a leading offshore wind farm developer based in Ireland.
The Procurement Officer will operate within the Procurement and Contracts function for project and will be responsible for providing a comprehensive procurement service in support of project development and construction activities within a major offshore wind farm project including preparing procurement strategies and plans, identification and selection of suppliers, negotiation and award of low to mid value contracts for goods, works and services in consultation with the wider project team in accordance with best-value and approved procedures.
- Implement project procurement plans;
- Undertake the procurement of goods and services and associated activities to agreed project and commercial objectives including, but not limited to, the following:
- Purchase market research/market intelligence;
- Prepare and issue of requests for quotation/invitations to tender;
- Lead the evaluation of bids and co-ordinating inputs from the wider evaluation team (technical, legal, HSE);
- Negotiate commercial terms with preferred suppliers;
- Ensure timely contract awards;
- Liaise regularly with key suppliers;
- Audit/review compliance with approved procurement procedures;
- Manage procurement activities on business systems and acting as a point of reference for business users.
- Manage a demand plan, identifying all upcoming procurement support requirements initially during the DEVEX phase;
- Work closely with local stakeholders and the project team, develop and deploy new-market entry strategies for localisations, including identification and development of the domestic supply chain.
- Knowledge of major project development requirements and external marketplace within the renewables and/or construction industry;
- Knowledge of and a proven track record in managing procurement activities from identification of requirements through to contract award;
- Ability to build effective relationships and be a team player at all levels both within the project and with suppliers and contractors;
- Proven ability to communicate at all levels;
- A strong results focus supported by relevant commercial skills and knowledge required to deliver value to the project;
- A proven ability to conduct successful commercial negotiations with suppliers;
- Knowledge of relevant procurement processes and procedures;
- An understanding of supply chain engagement, preferably within the Irish market.
- This role will require a general understanding of renewables or offshore wind projects;
- Experience in procurement of both onshore and offshore services;
- Knowledge of the Irish market preferred;
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attention to detail, particularly regarding supplier contracts;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Understanding of trade compliance including Incoterms, commodity codes, tariffs, etc;
- Proficiency with accounting software required Sage etc. and proficient with MS Office;
- Good oral, written communication and presentation skills;
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team on large infrastructure projects;
- Possess or working towards CIPS membership would be advantageous.