Opportunity for a Project Controller with a leading offshore wind/renewable energy developer based in Sweden supporting our clients offshore wind business.
- The team supports all Offshore development and construction projects globally in terms of financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and investment decisions.
- We use SAP as our core financial system therefore knowledge of this or similar systems is important in addition to good excel skills.
- Support financial modelling for investment decisions specifically the management of assumption books. This will involve liaising with technical and project teams to understand the financial inputs required by the investment model (Technical modelling performed by another team). Experience or knowledge of renewable development is an advantage.
- Critically review project results, comparing actual with forecast and budgeted figures. This needs to be more than simple variance analysis and should also provide the implications and advise on corrective measures or offsetting opportunities.
- Liaise with a number of internal/external stakeholder on all project cost related matters as required. Internal stakeholders could include offshore project members to regional and the head of Development EU and Development APAC/AM from the financial side all levels of Controlling or Accounting including Tax plus other supporting functions as required. External stakeholder would be those from the partner companies as required.
- Collate plan and forecast figures relevant for the projects managed, including steering-relevant KPIs from P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement;
- Co-ordinate with the team and other stakeholders on other requests and standardised processes (ie WBS set up, time booking processes, pipeline reporting via the finance function etc)
- Ad hoc financial analysis as required to support commentary and in response to queries from the management team.
- Support process improvements to improve timings, reduce manual interventions and promote the use of relevant systems
- Qualified CIMA / ACCA or similar
- English and should speak another language either Sweden , Danish or Norwegian
- Investment modelling experience desirable
- Energy Industry or Project Development experience desirable
- Previous experience in management accounting role
- Experience using SAP or similar system