Project Developer – Hybrid Renewable Projects
A Project Developer is required to join a global market leader in the deployment of renewable energy technologies, based in Canada in order to further grow their project pipeline of hybrid energy projects, Solar PV or Wind combined with battery storage systems.
- Identify, validate and develop renewable energy projects with battery storage systems in the utility and Commercial & Industrial segments
- Establish, Develop and nurture relationships with regulators, municipalities, utilities and corporations
- Prepare and co-ordinate the technical development of projects and reply to public and private tender
- Create and maintain project documentation, adhering to internal and external standards
- Deliver projects within budget and on time and with structured reporting to the company's headquarters
- Continuously evaluate the market with regard to project opportunities particularly for battery storage opportunities and develop a strategic business plan
- Relevant academic degree in an economic, technical, planning or environmental discipline
- Several years post-qualification experience in a client facing role within renewable energy or power generation development
- Knowledge of developing large renewable projects and ideally battery storage projects
- Solid knowledge the electricity market conditions of Alberta and the wider Canadian market
- Understanding of the permitting processes covering amongst others the grid connection and production licenses
- Excellent communication, project management and negotiation skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful candidate to grow their career within a market leading organisation at an exciting juncture for the energy sector. For more information, apply online today.