Project Developer or Assistant Project Developer required to join a global renewable energy firm with specialist teams across multiple technologies.
You will support the development of an expanding portfolio of utility scale solar projects across the UK and Ireland from greenfield/site identification through to ready-to-build stage. The ideal candidate will have a general background in project development (e.g. planning, land etc), either with a developer, utility or consultancy.
- Support the planning, management and delivery of solar projects at all stages of development from site identification through to financial close
- Engage with planning authorities, landowners, statutory consultees, stakeholder groups and the wider public, including presentations and co-ordination of community and stakeholder consultation meetings
- Coordinate initial design of PV and wind layouts through specialist software systems
- Run tender processes and manage external consultants/ contractors
- Engage with relevant authorities including DNOs and National Grid in relation to grid capacity and connection opportunities for new and existing sites.
- Work with in-house technical team to progress grid applications
- Manage project budgets and report on project progress
- Degree in relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience in supporting renewables projects either with a developer, utility or consultancy firm
- Knowledge of the UK planning system and EIA Regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build good working relationships (e.g. with landowners, authorities, in-house technical teams etc.)
- Full UK Driving Licence