Project Development Director
Development Director, Korea
Reports to Country Manager, Korea & APAC Commercial Team
Location: Seoul, Korea
Working for a global power producer, our client has a long history of developing, building, owning and operating clean and green power infrastructure assets and is a global leader in offshore wind. In addition, they own and manage a diversified generation mix including onshore renewables, solar and efficient natural gas energy.
The Development Project Director will be responsible for the development and engineering activities on projects in Korea. This role would entail working across a number of development projects from origination through to FID / financial close for renewable energy technologies across the Korea business. This role requires excellent communication skills and flexibility to work across a range of projects, work well with stakeholders and support the businesses growth targets.
- Korea Project Development - Lead and manage the Korea development portfolio from origination to financial close.
- Project Development - Lead the progression of the portfolio across the development stages including but not limited to; the management of external and internal stakeholders, project strategy and direction, project schedule and budgets, cost and economic model, risk management and internal progress / approval reporting.
- Knowledge Management - Ensuring continued consistency across the business, in-line with up- to-date industry best practice and incorporating lessons learned from our development and operational projects.
- Work closely with members of the Korea Development team to originate, structure, and execute on commercial and strategic initiatives, including joint development opportunities, project acquisitions, and platform opportunities, with emphasis on wind and solar power generation.
Qualifications & Key Experience:
- Full-lifecycle experience in on/offshore wind farm project development
- Significant track record (5+ years) in leading project development ideally in APAC region.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Offshore wind project development experience
- Strong understanding and experience in the renewable project development process from land acquisition, to permitting through to construction, implementation and operations.
- Detailed understanding of the key commercial value drivers and technical risks associated with the development and operation of renewable energy projects.
- Experience of conducting due diligence of deliverables from third parties (consultancies, developers, OEMs) and associated risk mitigation.
- English business language fluency.