Project Development Director – Denmark
Floating Wind Farm,Offshore Wind
Taylor Hopkinson has been engaged by a global leader in renewable energy to appoint a Project Development Director (Offshore Wind) in Denmark.
You will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team of internal and external specialists to deliver their portfolio of Danish offshore wind projects through the development phase. You will play a key role in driving the growth of their offshore wind pipeline through delivery of successful bids.
- Define the offshore wind development strategy for Denmark.
- Manage multidisciplinary teams (risk, valuation, HSE, technical, project controls, permitting) to ensure the development of compelling and competitive bid proposals.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams (legal, technical, finance etc) to ensure alignment and efficient execution of bidding strategies.
- Prepare business cases and presentations for senior management.
- Manage collaborations with governmental agencies, industry associations, local communities, and other stakeholders to build strong relationships and partnerships that facilitate project origination and development.
- Prepare and control project budgets.
- Utilise understanding of business case, LCOE and revenue dynamics to provide deliverable projects from a permitting, technical and commercial perspective.
- Manage external stakeholders and their expectations as well as project risks.
- Preparing the project handover to the project delivery teams.
- Degree or Masters in relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience with a developer, consultancy or advisory firm supporting the origination and early development phase of offshore wind projects.
- Excellent project management skills, ideally supporting energy infrastructure projects.
- Understanding of the relevant national legislation, policy and regulatory environment of Denmark.
- Experience of working closely with and reporting to senior management.
- Knowledge of the technical and commercial risks associated with onshore or offshore energy projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.