Project Development Director
Leading Fortune 500 global trading and business investment company with more than 100 locations overseas countries/regions is seeking for Project Development Director to join their team. The Project Development Director will be responsible to design and shape a comprehensive plan and detailed project schedule as well as to contribute to projects developed with partners on a global scale.
This role can be based in either Germany or the UK, with flexible working arrangements available ( Provided you can commit to a reasonable level of monthly travel to company head office in Germany).
- Prepare all project elements which are required to be addressed by the Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Lead the licensing and consenting work stream, with reference to other key elements, including legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of the offshore Wind Market and track record of the engagement with specialised offshore wind contractors, including seabed, wind resource and habit assessments.
- Support due diligence and acquisitions and ensure that these processes are comprehensively managed.
- Substantial experience in the industry, having developed a project through all development stages until the participation in an auction for feed-in tariff / construction permit / grid connection agreement or similar.
- Similar experience on onshore wind or PV projects would be advantageous.
- Master's degree or equivalent, preferably holding an addition qualification in (onshore) wind energy.
- Track record of preparing an offshore wind farm competitive bid, such as a CfD tariff.
- Extensive offshore wind experience, from a utility, supplier, developer or similar.
- Ideally experienced across all aspects of offshore wind projects development.
- Experience in securing land and sea rights.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills - experience in a Joint Venture structure would be advantageous.
- Comfortable working within a complex reporting environment and working internationally.
- Ability to lead and inspire best performance within a team.
- Proven negotiation skills gained from offshore wind development.
- Fluent English language is essential, with international work experience beneficial.