Project Development Manager
Opportunity for an experienced renewable energy project developer to join a European IPP with a multi-GW pipeline of PV solar and energy storage projects throughout the US.
The Project Development Manager will report to the Country Manager with a dotted line to the Chief Business Development Officer.
Working with the internal project development and senior management teams, you will be responsible for day-to-day development activities from initiation to construction handover.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to identify and prioritise target greenfield sites and acquisition targets for utility-scale solar and storage project opportunities
- Manage interconnection processes, land acquisitions, project permitting, and applications
- Coordinate and guide land acquisition team on target greenfield sites
- Manage development projects in line with agreed timescales and budgets
- Coordinate and guide broader development team in achieving project and portfolio objectives
- Develop proposal strategies, RFP processes and similar, negotiating terms for vendors and consultants participating in development process
- Provide process efficiency/improvement suggestions to facilitate team and company wide performance
- Degree-level education in a related field/discipline
- Minimum 2 years' professional project development experience; renewable energy experience preferred
- Solid understanding of the renewable energy project life cycle
- Good knowledge of US renewable energy industry and its key players
- Demonstrable experience in land development/entitlement/permitting and interconnection
- Strong project skills including ability to create and manage budgets and schedules
- Ability to work effectively with various teams and stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including GIS, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Willing to travel c. 25% of the time
- A valid US driving license
- Right to live and work in the US is required