Project Engineer (Array & Export Cable)
Array & Export Cable Project Engineers required for a leading offshore wind cable installation contractor based in Taiwan.
This opportunity is based in Taiwan, starting ASAP until November 2021
Ideally you will have offshore GWO training already however, initial scope will be to follow up mobilisation of the vessels from our client's onshore facility and our cable storage in Taichung. When offshore you will be required to work 12 hours Monday to Sunday.
The project will be on a 6 on 6 off rotation.
- Familiarise with project scope,
- Identify applicable procedures for their allocated scope / vessel and review all related documentation,
- Provide guidance where any parts of the procedure or activity are unclear,
- Prepare / create readiness plan,
- Prepare and follow up action list from readiness plan including any required amendments to documents (if required) and material/equipment orders,
- Review items ordered and confirm status and ensure all will be ready for use as per schedule,
- Where applicable to their scope, review marine vessels and watercraft, ships, boats, winches, cranes, trenchers and dredges to ascertain condition of machinery, equipment and equipage and to determine remediation required to meet project requirements. If review identifies further action is required, identify and engineer remedial solution and agree implementation which is acceptable for the project team,
- Ensure planned activities are adequately risk assessed in accordance with employer requirements,
- Conduct daily toolbox talks with all stakeholders and personnel involved in activities ensuring all are clear with their roles and responsibilities,
- Observe any required operating tests on machinery and equipment,
- Implement any required engineering amendments to ensure readiness,
- Mobilise for the applicable site ensuring compliance to employer processes and procedures,
- Inspect conditions of all project equipment stored, handled, transported or spooled and condition of permanently installed materials,
- Where applicable, support engineering input to marine operations including; offshore / subsea construction, towing, anchoring, handling, heavy lift, surveying, geotechnical reviewing, cable laying, trenching, rock dumping, termination and testing.
- Be a link to the project team creating and providing daily reports on work conducted, recommended actions, repairs or conditions remedied,
- Follow up any required management of change (should it be required),
- Maintain an overview of as built completions and documentation,
- Maintain a record of changes and lessons learned,
- HSEQ reporting in accordance with company requirements.
- Report to the Project Engineering Manager and Project Manager,
- Complete Non-Disclosure Agreement,
- Complete employer introduction and familiarisation,
- Complete mandatory E-learnings.
- GWO training