Project Engineer (Interface & Design)
Job ID 22773
Project Engineer (Interface & Design) required for a major offshore wind developer based in Germany
- Directly support Engineering Manager in defining the overall technical concept of coordinating engineering work across technical disciplines.
- Coordinate engineering work between the packages in close collaboration with the Project Managers and Discipline Engineers, as well as with the Certification Engineer, with due regard to project schedule
- Champion continuous improvement within workstreams; with a particular focus on safety, project economics, inclusion of any innovation or auction specific requirements
- Maintain robust auditable documentation of the workstreams.
- Strive to remain well informed of technological innovations and practices through regular contact with other teams, projects, departments, industry and academic experts.
- Provide technical, project, budget and other contract management support to the project Engineering Manager as required.
- Ensure the activities take account of HSE&S considerations alongside deliverability, project commercial drivers and other design constraints.
- Continuous support to work packages in identification of technical interface risks and facilitation of interface issue resolution.
- Develop, apply and maintain interface management tools and monitoring processes, including those for scope management and for interface documentation transfer.
- Ensure the compatibility of technical specifications and scopes throughout the design phase, in supply contracts and during manufacturing.
- Communicating interface risk to the Engineering and Package Managers and other relevant project stakeholders.
- Coordination of regular interface meetings with suppliers and work packages.
- Planning and implementation of work packages such as mock ups, test pieces and trials required for design development.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and industry best practice.