Project Engineer – Solar
Opportunity for Project Engineers required for a leading Power and Energy company, based in Virginia, with occasional travel throughout the mid-Atlantic region, and across the US.
Role & Responsibilities
- The Project Engineer is a technical coordinator of engineering tasks.
- Geotechnical Investigation by Dev Owners Engineer (OE).
- Real Estate Survey: Boundary & Topo by Dev OE.
- Solar Site Design by Dev OE.
- Land Utilization by Dev OE.
- Review all Development Information submitted by Dev OE or acquired by external Developer.
- Review/Revise EPC Specifications.
- Energy Performance by OE.
- Coordinate Review of EPC Submittals by OE.
- Manage the Request for Information (RFI) process.
- Develop Project-Specific EPC Exhibits.
- Confirm project AC capacity and design for Interconnection.
- Review EPC proposals and identify spec deviations and exclusions from EPC bid required standards.
- Review EPC proposal site plans and technical data.
- Review EPC proposed spec changes with internal stakeholders (OPS, Environmental, Safety, Security etc.).
- Review Zoning/Land Use Permit requirements.
- Provide and coordinate project information for EPC RFP process.
- Engineering degree; Electrical preferred.
- Knowledge of utility scale solar.
- No design or calculations experience needed
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with reading and writing technical/construction specifications.
- You will be Facilitating the EPC companies technical work