Investment Manager – Onshore Wind
Onshore Wind, Offshore Wind
Interesting opportunity for a Project and Investment Manager to join our leading international developer client in London.
With an enviable track record of developing and constructing renewable energy projects across the globe, the business continues to go from strength to strength - to contribute to the next phase of their growth, they're keen to attract an experienced individual to drive forward their pipeline of investment/M&A opportunities.
You'll work to drive their pipeline of opportunities through consent towards investment approval stage working with the wider business to collaborate on projects - you'll also work to source M&A opportunities for the business across the region.
The commercialisation and management of the projects will be handled by a team of project managers who you'll have responsibility for so the ability to manage a team will be important here.
This is a highly visible role within the group where you'll have regular interaction with the UK CEO & CFO as well as other parts of the senior management group.
Key elements to the role:
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with due regard to applicable Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) policies and procedures and lead by example on the safety standards and expectations of the team.
- Establish and manage project governance processes for each project involving Shareholders and relevant stakeholders as appropriate, including a monthly project steering committee.
- Facilitate the decision making process during the key steps of the project: Investment Case Approval, pre-construction activities, procurement, project financing, etc.
- Manage and control any budget and costs associated with this role including the approved budget for each project liaising with the finance and construction teams.
- Lead project due diligence for acquisition projects. Co-ordinate risk identification and analysis specific to a project, propose mitigation measures to limit/remove those risks or to lessen their effect and oversee the implementation of risk mitigation measures.
- In conjunction with project teams negotiate and implement agreements required for the delivery of the project to investment, including in relation to land leases, planning condition discharge, aviation mitigation, community funds, grid connection, procurement, investors etc.
- Take responsibility for Project document management, ensuring that all documents, contracts and studies relating to a project are obtained in a timely manner and are available to key project stakeholders. Oversee preparation of appropriate key documentation and ensure a comprehensive handover of the project and all key documentation to Construction.
- Supervise financial evaluation of equity investment in relation to acquisitions or developments, and project cash-flow modelling for the purpose of obtaining and evaluating project financing.
- Lead acquisition/disposal/partnership transactions including origination, structuring, appraisal and the negotiation, review and execution of legal documentation to maximise opportunity and mitigate risks..
- Supervise and oversee the work and development of team members.
- Degree qualified and ideally with a postgraduate qualification in a numerate discipline or ability to demonstrate commensurate experience.
- Experience in mergers and aquisitions .
- Understanding of the project life-cycle and key project risks for different renewable generation technologies.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong track record of producing and presenting accurate financial appraisal and risks analysis for investment in generation assets (preferably developments and renewable assets).
- Experience of leading and co-ordinating skilled multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Experience of leading project due diligence for power generation projects.
- Good understanding of UK legal and contractual environment.
- Excellent analytical mind with ability to understand Key Business Drivers.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong at building relationships with internal and external parties.
If this sounds like you and you're keen to look at a new challenge please do apply and we'll get back to you to discuss the opportunity in more details.