Job ID 18276
- Lead and manage the technical elements of early stage project development up to Feasibility at which point projects will be handed over to dedicated project teams.
- Take responsibility for coordinating all technical aspect of projects up to Feasibility including resource measurement, yield assessment, geotechnical, grid connection, technology, engineering, constructability and operability assessments that relate to onshore renewables.
- Provide technical input into project approval processes, ensure appropriate technical assurance and comprehensive handovers.
- Work closely with business developers, project developers and central technical specialists to ensure projects are appropriately assessed and key technical risks are identified.
- Work closely with hydrogen and hydrocarbon regions to identify, originate and assess onshore renewables project development opportunities typically in support of multi-GW scale hydrogen production or decarbonization.
- Support acquisition processes as required including leading the technical elements of diligence assessments.
- Lead interactions with technical consultants to deliver project studies, assessments and early-stage design work.
- Collaborate with grid connection specialists and consultants to develop interconnection strategies and submit connection applications if required.
- Provide input into site specific project development budgets and delivery programmes.
- Capture, communicate, and apply lessons learned and best practices to the screening and feasibility assessment process.
- Demonstrate leadership values & behaviours which promote a safe and environmentally responsible work culture and ensure HSSE risks are considered in the screening and feasibility assessments.
- A minimum of 12 years experience in managing technical elements of energy and infrastructure projects with 8 years direct experience in onshore wind and solar with a particular focus on project origination and early-stage feasibility assessment and/or concept design (Hydrogen experience a plus).
- A range of experience covering technical elements of projects including resource measurement, yield assessment, geotechnical, grid connection, technology, engineering, construction management and operations.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully providing technical support for project origination and progression of large scale renewable energy projects through the early stages of development.
- A good understanding of how the technical inputs affect procurement, project financing, investment case development and value.
- The ability and credibility to communicate insights and recommendations, across all levels of the organisation, underpinned by facts.
- The ability to interact effectively with external project stakeholders e.g. partners, local communities, supplier, contractors, politicians, authorities and regulators.
- Project management experience and knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- A willingness to support wider team initiatives as required outside of direct responsibilities.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Master's degree a plus).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required to successfully perform in this role, approximately up to 25%.
- A strong belief in safety and environmental responsibility with the ability to develop a strong safety culture in project teams.