Project Manager – Ireland
Republic of Ireland
The Project Manager will take lead responsibility for the delivery of renewable projects ensuring value to the business is maximised within acceptable risk parameters.
- Responsible for the construction of multi-disciplinary projects, ensuring the projects are delivered safely, on programme and within budget
- Undertake line management responsibilities in accordance with business requirements whilst leading and managing multi-disciplinary project teams ensuring the projects are on programme and within budget
- Lead and provide input to all commercial agreements and contracts to ensure Project risks are mitigated as well as ensuring all key decisions are supported by sufficient due diligence and investigation
- Lead and manage the production of design and build specifications and tender assessments
- Liaise and coordinate with external suppliers and contractors to ensure delivery specifications are met and successfully resolve contractor claims
- Manage interfaces between the main contractors (typically primary equipment (turbine, solar panel, battery equipment), infrastructure and grid contractors), and technical advisors/consultants as appropriate
- Manage and hold project budget delivery responsibility for individual projects ensuring budgets are delivered
- Manage the process of regular meetings, communications and reports to the Head of Projects, which provide accurate and timely information to support their understanding of strategic risks, issues, opportunities, impacts and progress.
- Manage and actively identify all critical risks, issues and impacts of the project specifically the adequate application of and adherence to both statutory and corporate health, safety and environmental requirements.
Skills and Requirements
- Degree Qualification in relevant Engineering discipline
- Proven track record of delivering renewables projects in Project Management / Construction Management
- Project Management capability, experience and understanding of commercial contracts and negotiations
- Knowledge and experience of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation associated with construction projects. Health & Safety management skills - NEBOSH qualification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, operating confidently at management level, and excellent report writing and presentation skills
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS office systems and other IT based project management software
- Willingness to travel to other sites when required