Project/ Package Documentation Manager
Project Documentation Manager opportunity within an international team in a leading offshore wind business.
Position can be based in Hamburg, Vejle or the UK.
- Creates and maintains Project Master Document List (P-MDL) in collaboration with client, and internal and external document owners, based on the generic Master Document List (scope and schedule)
- Establishes and maintains the documentation management plan including project-specific requirements. Aligns with client and other project stakeholders on specific documentation requirements and ensures proper incorporation in the Project Documentation Management Plan and communication to the project team
- Ensures that the Documentation Management System is configured and set up according to the requirements listed in the Project Documentation Management Plan, including correspondence management
- Ensures all relevant users of the EDMS (internal and external) are properly trained to execute their document-related tasks and to comply with all requirements set out in the Project Documentation Management Plan
- Ensures delivery on time and in the right quality of the documents in the Project Master Document list during project execution: From handover from sales to handover to service.
- Monitors and reports on progress of project documentation delivery in agreement with project management
- Acts as administrator & superuser for the EDMS (Electronic Document Management System)
- Acts as main point of contact for the customer and project team regarding documentation during project execution
- Establishes overview of contractual obligations in respect to documentation and describes them to the Project Team (Project Documentation Management Plan)
- Establishes agreements with document owners (e.g. Engineering Managers, QA, QM, CERT and PM) that align with contract obligations and work breakdown structure, i.e. timeline, deliverables, quality requirements
- Provide a resources forecast in order to execute timely document transmittal
- Monitors and reports, in coordination with the DC, on documentation progress in the package/project as per agreed generic and project reporting set-up.
- Distributes incoming and outgoing documents listed on the P-MDL to relevant people in the project and manages pertaining comments, within contract review timescales
- Conducts quality control spot checks of documentation to ensure documents meet the agreed documentation standard and contractual obligations (e.g. reading quality, page numbering, existence of codes)
- Monitors that the documentation systems are up to date and ready for handover / takeover
- Significant document control/records management experience from major infrastructure (projects).
- Must speak fluent English
- French language skills advantageous
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function in a large international team