Job ID 13489
Project Planner required for a leading Offshore Windfarm Developer, based in Glasgow.
- As the Project Planner, you will be part of a team of Planners responsible for management of the overall Project schedule.
- You'll work closely with the Project Services team, Project and Package Managers, and the wider Capital Projects Team to ensure delivery of a successful project.
- Manage the Programme schedule (Primavera P6) for one of the three principle contracts on the project, ensuring clear, timely and accurate information is provided to Project Management, the Joint Venture (JV) Board and Lenders.
- Support the wider project planning team on all other aspects of the Programme schedule, including internal activities and the remaining project contracts
- Support the development of the detailed project Execution programme, integrating Contractor programmes, internal Project Management, Financing and Engineering activities, and Regulatory/Consenting requirements, ensuring alignment with key project milestones and schedule drivers.
- Undertake analysis of Delay Events notified within Contractors Claims to determine the validity of these claims.
- Support Programme Baseline Management and Change Control throughout the Project Lifecycle.
- Assess and communicate schedule impact of project change control notifications, and schedule impact of progress reported.
- Review of programme submissions by EPC Contractors.
- Monthly updates to Project programme.
- Identify critical path for project and for sub packages, criticality of workscopes, and ensure that potential delays to critical activities are identified and mitigated.
- Work closely with Interface and Package managers to ensure project interfaces are optimised for Project delivery.
- Participate in project Interactive Planning sessions, risk assessments, progress, budget and forecast reviews, risk workshops and lessons learned sessions.
- Assist Procurement & Commercial (P&C) team in specifying contract programme and progress reporting requirements.
- Take a leading role in Schedule Risk Analysis, both through What-if scenario planning, and through use of quantitative Schedule Risk Analysis tools.
- Assist Project Management decision making by providing clear and concise analysis of impacts of schedule delays and mitigation strategies.
- Work with Commercial managers to ensure alignment between programme forecasts and cost reporting.
- Assist in training and development of junior team members.
- We are looking for someone who has extensive Project Planning experience within large complex projects.
- You should have proven experience working within a Planning or Project Controls team.
- A background in offshore wind would be advantageous, though this is not essential.
- 5 years of Project Planning experience, working within large, multi-contract Engineering and Construction projects, including building fully integrated complex activity networks.
- Highly skilled user of Primavera P6 planning software.
- Experience in carrying out delay analysis and analysis of schedule implications of contractor claims.
- Experience in running what-if scenarios and schedule risk analysis.
- Earned Value Management.
- Ability to work with package and project managers, interface manager and 3rd party contractors to identify schedule pinch points, interface issues and potential SIMOPS clashes and identify optimal schedule solutions.
- Ability to produce clear and concise information that will assist senior management decision making.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills will be essential for this role, allowing you to forge and maintain strong working relationships.
- Focus on continuous improvement, striving to improve the quality of planning output as an aid to project decision making.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Commercial Awareness - knowledge of construction contracting structures.
- Formal Project Management qualification, such as Prince2, APM PMQ / IPMA level D.
- Experience of using qualitative and quantitative modelling methods.
- Experience with Risk Management tools.
- Experience with design and management of Microsoft Access databases.
- Experience with Microsoft Project.
- Experience of other Project Planning software suites.
- Experience of Offshore Wind projects.
- Experience of working as part of a joint venture delivery model.