Quality Assurance Manager
This role will be part of the central team of a leading offshore wind developer, responsible for ensuring project-specific quality assurance requirements along the entire value chain. You will create and communicate quality-relevant risk assessments and initiate appropriate countermeasures within the tendering, design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning phases of offshore wind projects.
This is a full time, staff role based in Hamburg.
- Support all teams in questions relating to the quality assurance of load-bearing structures of offshore wind projects across the portfolio.
- Prepare contract and project specific QA specification, supporting contract negotiations with suppliers as a member of the project management team and as a project representative of quality assurance.
- Examine and evaluate quality-related documents from suppliers and compare against contract requirements.
- Plan and implement production and product audits.
- Co-ordinate and monitor project-specific acceptances of components (of the supporting structures) during project implementation phase.
- Develop and document concepts and strategies to increase the QA standard (in the areas of planning, supplier management, production, transport, storage and construction) as a result of "Lessons Learned".
- Degree or relevant equivalent in mechanical engineering, civil engineering or related subject.
- Knowledge in the field of offshore wind energy is preferred.
- Demonstrable professional experience in a similar position (project management and quality assurance) and in the field of production supervision, in relation to the preparation of technical specifications, quality plans and contract documents.
- Detailed knowledge of ISO 9001 and common project management tools.
- Confident in the use of MS Office.
- SAP knowledge is desirable but not essential.
- Confident appearance towards suppliers and the ability to present complex technical and planning issues in a comprehensible manner representing and protecting corporate interests.