Exciting opportunity to join the team as Quality Manager with a leading offshore wind developer.
The Offshore Quality Manger will lead the management of project quality arrangements across all aspects of the project/bid lifecycle covering both internal and external activities, including the assignment of project quality personnel as and when required.
This is a full time staff role based in Edinburgh.
- Developing and managing project quality arrangements for offshore business and ensuring consistency with group quality standards.
- Proactively supporting and advising on all aspects of quality management on projects, including risks and issues.
- Building and leading a team and effective management and utilisation of assigned project quality personnel.
- Managing and delivering risk-based quality resource support systems to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Ensuring quality requirements are defined and implemented as part of the project induction and training process.
- Working with Procurement & Commercial teams to ensure effective definition and communication of quality requirements with partners and contractors.
- Developing and implementing appropriate auditing and quality assurance arrangements within individual projects, both internally and externally (such as contractors and suppliers).
- Defining quality non-conformity systems and ensuring any project quality non-conformances or issues are managed and closed out.
- Ensuring supplier quality arrangements are reviewed and approved in accordance with project requirements, including customer approvals.
- Supporting project and bid teams in providing man hour cost estimates as part of the quality input to projects and bids.
- Monitoring progress against the project quality arrangements, identifying areas of concern to the project or business and where necessary escalate to line management and leadership/project teams.
- Reviewing of enquiry, tender and contract documentation with respect to partner and supplier quality requirements and contract specifications, identifying any project specific requirements which fall outside the company quality system.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience as a Quality Manager, ideally in Offshore Wind or the Energy sector.
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and the application of ISO9001.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (such as engineering).
- Trained and experienced in auditing.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- IT literate with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and telephone manner with the ability communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders both internally & externally.
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, self starter with proven track record of delivery.
- Flexible in terms of working arrangements, some occasional travel may be required as part of the role.
- Willing to undertake occasional travel in the UK, Europe.