Regional Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity for a well-experienced Regional Sales Manager to join a Global Tier 1 Top 10 Solar Company. This position will be home-based and ideally located in the Mid to West region of USA.
The responsibility of the Regional Sales Manager is to generate sales in the distributed generation market in the Mid to West region of the United States. These sales should focus specifically on the distributed generation market, including but not limited to mid level commercial installers (>5MW+ annually), distributors (>5MW annually), residential installers (>2MW annually) and brokers (>1MW annually). You will be responsible for customer acquisition, developing business opportunities across a multi-state territory, managing existing customer relationships, managing your pipeline, collecting intel and being incredibly knowledgeable about your region.
- Work closely with Distributed Generation Sales Director to develop a strategy to target the mid-level market with clear milestones and goals
- Identify, contact and meet with prospects and customers to build a strong relationship to understand their needs and to position the company to answer those needs
- Maintain close contact via phone and online conferencing tool during the pandemic; find innovative ways to make contact to new customers and maintain relationships
- Meticulously build, manage and sustain a pipeline of DG market opportunities
- Achieve volume and margin targets for region
- Participate in trade shows/conferences to identify prospects, represent the company and entertain clients
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the company, its products and its market strategy
- Collect market intel and provide a weekly update on market direction and competitor activities
- Compose a weekly report of activity, travel and customer visits, as well as upcoming travel and items of key focus such as key prospect visits, contract negotiation, RFP responses, etc.
- Able and willing to travel 50% within the sales region; national travel 3-4 times per year
- Sell 120MWs annually, Stretch goal of 150MWs, minimum of 30MWs per quarter
- Develop a minimum of 20 new customer sales in 2021, stretch target of 30
- Develop sales in each of 4 categories: Commercial, Large Residential, Distribution and Brokers, but specifically commercial and large residential
- Manage ongoing pipeline of opportunities with sales specifics and probabilities
- Collect, catalog and share market intelligence including, but not limited to: new and mainstream products (format, size, type, output), market pricing, updates on competitors, state and national policies, updates on customers