Risk & Opportunities Manager
The Risk & Opportunities Manager will be part of a new development and execution team working directly for the developer of ScotWind offshore wind projects.
Taylor Hopkinson is retained to build out the project team for a new consortium. This team will develop & execute ScotWind projects as well establishing a core team for an international pipeline of offshore wind projects.
As Risk & Opportunities Manager you will report directly to the Head of PMO and be responsible for identifying, managing and mitigating risk across the UK Partnership projects. Additionally, the Risk & Opportunities Manager will be responsible for implementing the risk and opportunity management process and the continuous development of processes put in place.
This is a full time, staff role based in Edinburgh.
- Create project risk strategies, prepare and implement a risk management plan as well as drive risk management in compliance with project policies.
- Continuous development of processes, IT Tools, and mathematical methods
- Manage the processes of risk management: planning and identifying risks, performing qualitative as well as quantitative analyses, planning risk responses, monitoring, and controlling risks.
- Implementation of risk workshops with project teams, suppliers, and internal interfaces within the respective projects.
- Facilitation of project risk workshops.
- Prepare risk reports and analyses to support management in decision making.
- Continue to develop and maintain a project risk register as well as response plan templates and other documentation, together with the wider project team.
- Train risk owners in risk management and proactively work in the project teams to develop risk mitigation actions, aiming to reduce project risk exposure.
- Identify best practices and contributing to the continuous improvement of processes, tools, and templates.
- Undertake risk modelling to provide CAPEX, OPEX, regulatory and lifetime structures as well as price structures.
- Determining the project budget contingency using appropriate quantitative methods as well as monitoring and, in conjunction with the cost team, controlling the project contingency.
- Communicate the risk strategy within the projects and organisation.
- Collaborate closely with planning, cost, interface, and change control functions.
- Degree or other relevant degree in an Engineering or Business-related area.
- Experience, knowledge, and competence equivalent to PMI RMP (PMI Risk Management Professional).
- Strong relevant industry experience leading the risk function and associated processes, preferably in offshore wind.
- Track record creating and developing risk strategies within the energy sector and large scale projects, preferably within offshore wind.
- Demonstrable experience assessing and managing risk for large scale infrastructure projects.
- Proven experience in applying qualitative and quantitative analysis on large scale projects.
- Extensive experience with monte carlo simulations and use of risk modelling software and tools such as SWORD Active Risk Manager, Crystal Ball, Oracle Primavera Risk Analysis.
- Highly competent with MS office tools.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate complex matters in a professional and straightforward manner.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, able to interact, draw ideas and information from team members.