Job ID 13591
- Manage the definition and delivery of all technical aspects of proposal development for allocated projects in the Commercial proposal phase, from Inquiry to Order , (ITO).
- Provide project-based matrix management of the technical resources required to develop project solutions and specifications, including Grid Interconnect Assessment, Product Engineering, Balance of Plant (BOP) Engineering and all other technical disciplines necessary for development of proposals.
- Take responsibility on allocated projects for delivering high quality, well defined, fully-costed technical proposals, which help position the Company to win profitable and executable orders.
- Own the technical analysis of customer inquiries, requests for quotations (RFQ) or tenders to determine proposal requirements, technical deviations, scope of supply and winning strategies.
- Provide support to the Sales and Proposal Managers in closing orders by providing technical expertise and timely response to customer requirements and, where required, operate as an additional point of customer contact during the sales ITO process.
- Manage technical interactions with the customer including setting up customer project kick-off, project reviews, etc. as applicable.
- Take initiative for control and reduction of cycle time reduction technical deliverables, proposal quality improvement and technical risk analysis optimization.
- Lead technical participation in the Commercial risk management processes and meetings.
- Lead technical handover after deal closing to Projects (execution) team
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong technical expertise, ideally in the renewable energy and/or process industry, including Medium Voltage generation and interconnection experience.
- Demonstrated business / commercial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Relevant professional experience in proposals / bid preparation and contract negotiation.
- Hold a Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering.
- Ability to perform effectively in a non-hierarchical, team-focused environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Fluency in English language.
- Ability to influence others, and project manage tasks to achieve proposal schedules.
- Ability to lead technically-based initiatives of some complexity and impact.
- Ability to coordinate activity on several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Effective and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of renewable energy products & markets.