Sales Manager (Modular energy storage technology)
Taylor Hopkinson have partnered with a global award winning battery technology provider focused on delivering modular unique (patented & global award-winning) energy storage products (Batteries), 'Standby energy' systems & Services to OEM's, System Integrators, & Value-adding resellers, predominantly in the UK, though increasingly, internationally.
We are looking to source an elite Sales Manager that will generate revenue by winning new business in line with the sales strategy, with revenue and growth targets that are ambitious, your role will be to drive revenue growth through the acquisition of new customers, by building and conveying compelling value propositions. This role is not about selling products, it's about introducing a unique, '1st mover advantage' suite of product and system solutions to new customers in a variety of Industry sectors.
Working as a critical member of a small, but growing Commercial Team (Marketing and Sales), the Sales Account Manager will need to be able to make a significant impact on revenue growth and contribute the sales team's development for the future.
- Manage and grow a sales opportunity pipeline, focusing on enterprise sale opportunities to achieve a solid growth rate and increase recurring revenue.
- Own and deliver an individual sales target
- Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands the customer base and creates new sales opportunities.
- Facilitate conversations with senior customer stakeholders, identify the metrics and key value propositions that will drive mutually beneficial contracts
- Build and cultivate strong relationships with senior client stakeholders, develop client-specific value propositions, positioning as a strategic value-adding provider of products, technology & services
- Develop strategies and tactics to help position as a leader within our industry
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Work with the Sales Director and key stakeholders on tender processes including reviewing and summarising tender opportunities to complete tender documentation, ensuring content best represents the company's processes, products, and services.
- Ensure robust account planning is in place for all customers (new and existing)
- Maintain an accurate and credible sales forecast
- Represent our company, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings and maintain a detailed knowledge of our products
- Research consumer needs and qualifies how our solutions meet them. Provide VOC/Mkt intelligence gained from the field to the Marketing function
- Ideally knowledgeable about Energy Storage/Charging/Standby power & Battery technology/products for Residential, Commercial, or Industrial applications
- Minimum 5 yrs sales experience in a target/quota bearing role
- Ideally trained in Solution/Complex sales and/or 'Strengths based' methodologies
- Demonstrable experience of rapid new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Proven track record of success in the sales cycle from plan to close
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders, and building effective relationships at this level
- Able to inspire and lead customers with a great vision of their future (through technology).
- Excellent at communicating with prospects/customers, managing challenging conversations.
- Knows what working in a small, fast-growing company means in terms of opportunity but also the challenges that presents.
- Can think, plan and act independently, has a high degree of self-reliance and discipline, ability to maintain focus on personal and team objectives.
- Someone who shares the company's desire to do well, but also do it right, who shares our values of making a difference to people's lives, by providing innovative, sustainable energy storage technology and products.