SCADA & Communications Manager
Opportunity for a SCADA & Communications Manager to join a major offshore wind project in Taiwan. Interested candidates must be able to commit to a full-time base in Taipei.
The SCADA & Communications Manager will be responsible for the SCADA, network and communications scope for the complete wind farm from basic design to completion of commissioning of the offshore wind farm, reporting to the Offshore Substation Package Manager.
- Prepare technical requirements.
- Evaluate tender proposals.
- Manage the contractor within your scope to ensure the delivery of a high quality SCADA, network and communication system which meets project targets.
- Review and guide contractor on conceptual and detailed design of the SCADA, network & communications scope of works.
- Review contractor deliverables incl. concept design, detailed design and as? built documentation.
- Participate in FATs, SATs, SITs, onshore and offshore commissioning as required.
- Align interfaces with key internal stakeholders such as the Transmission System Design Engineer, OSS Electrical Manager, Cable Package Manager, WTG Technical Manager, O&M Manager etc.
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as the Contractors, TSO, Project Certifying Body and Lender's Technical Advisor.
- Regular travel to contractors' or subcontractors' sites within Taiwan or internationally will be required.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in electrical or software engineering.
- Have worked in a position as SCADA & Communications Manager for offshore wind project from initiation through basic design, fabrication, installation and commissioning to completion.
- Extensive experience with design, manufacturing, installation and testing of SCADA, networks and communication systems.
- Experience of managing external contractors such as equipment suppliers and offshore/onshore substation EPC contractors. Alternatively, experience working for these contractors is valuable.
- PMP certification will be viewed as a plus .
- Have worked in an international environment.
- Work experience in Asia desirable.
- Personal drive combined with a structured and proactive approach to your work.
- Thrive in an international environment and able to create good relationships with your internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a collaborative approach and thrive on teamwork.
- Speak and write English fluently.
- Flexible approach and thrive to work in a small team.
- Able to work independently and in a team.