Senior Business Development Manager, Energy Storage
Opportunity for an experienced, senior business development professional to join the growing energy storage division of an established European developer.
The Senior BDM, Energy Storage will join an experienced development team as its senior-most energy storage-focused professional. The successful candidate will bring strong technology experience and a track record of successfully originating utility-scale renewable energy development opportunities.
This is a hybrid remote/office-based role.
- Originate and develop a pipeline of 'greenfield' and co-development energy storage project opportunities throughout the Netherlands
- Effectively and proactively manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including public entities (local, regional, and national), co-development partners, local communities, and advisors/consultants
- Coordinate varied work-streams with internal departments spanning project finance through legal, engineering, and development
- Lead commercial negotiations and deal structuring with varied counter-parties
- Remain in tune with key market developments and industry news/events, and legislation, in order to quickly identify business opportunities
- Degree-level education in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years' renewable energy business development experience, with track record of successfully originating and closing major deals
- Excellent knowledge of the energy storage and broader renewable energy market in the Netherlands
- Business fluent English and Dutch language skills
- Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical professionals
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Clear communicator with a desire to deliver high-quality outputs at all times