Senior Cable Design Specialist
Leading renewable energy developer recruiting for a Senior Cable Design Specialist to work across their international portfolio of offshore wind projects.
The Senior Specialist for Cable Design and Accessories shall provide technical expertise primarily on matters related to cable and accessory design across the entire portfolio and lifetime of offshore windfarms.
This is a full-time staff position and can be based in London, Hamburg or Denmark.
- Be accountable on design aspects of HV cables across the offshore portfolio and full wind farm lifecycle.
- Work as central role providing technical leadership on processes with regard to cable and accessory design.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to cable system design.
- Deliver portfolio benefits across the fleet through leading a range of technical topics spanning the entire project lifecycle.
- Build and utilise a network of internal/external competence to deliver technical leadership of entire cable and accessory design scope.
- Oversee industry developments towards improvements in the field of responsibility (e.g. JIPs, University collaborations).
- Support Product and Package Engineering teams to inject technical leadership into Product Development, Project Delivery or Operations, acting as arbiter of technical variation requests from the project units.
- Be the central place of knowledge for all cable and accessory design related matters; develop and maintain relevant collection of information and work with lessons learned from across the fleet & lifecycle.
- Play a key role in developing department technical leadership, competence and team mentoring.
- Set the framework for cable rating assessments for both development and operational sites including the usage of finite element analysis (e.g. COMSOL).
- Contribute to maintaining high levels of health and safety performance across all activities to deliver inherently safer projects and working environments.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Electrical engineering
- Significant experience with high voltage on- and offshore cable design and manufacturing
- Comprehensive knowledge of HV submarine cables including cable design and manufacturing processes and relevant standards
- Both practical and theoretical experience with cable and accessory design, manufacture and testing
- Ability to identify and lead key technical topics relating to HV cables, balancing both technical and commercial imperatives
- Act as creator, reviewer or approver of key technical documentation
- Ability to take decisions in field of responsibility
- Proven experience in project management and leading work packages
- Provide guidance to junior team members; lead by example through demonstrating Vattenfall principles and behaviours
- Good English language skills and preferably also good German and/or Danish language skills
- Willingness to travel
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work
- Experience work for a cable manufacturer, engineering company with dedicated cable competence or certification body.